Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pretzel Crusted Pork Chops

Okay so I had to share this recipe because it was so easy and super yummy
I took boneless pork chops out of the freezer this morning for tonight's dinner although I had no clue what I was going to do with them
I am so tired of the same old stuff so I decided to take some stick pretzels and crush them with some red pepper flakes and a few almonds
I lightly coated the pork chops and then what was left of the mixture I added to the top of each one, baked them in the oven on 400 degrees for 20 minutes
YUM is all I can say
Oh and I served them with some homemade applesauce that I made last night
Pork always goes well with applesauce and I knew I was making pork chops today
For the home made apple sauce I peeled and cut up 6 Macintosh that were past their prime, almost good enough to toss but not good enough to eat ... I know this doesn't make sense!!
I then added them to a sauce pan with some strawberry preserves and some cinnamon
I cooked this on low for about an hour, it became a chunky glob
I put it in a jar and popped it into the fridge overnight
YUM again...
I don't measure so if you are looking for exactness you won't find it with me. I like to experiment when I cook and want to share this with you when it turns out yummy
Let me know if you try this or any other recipes that became family favorites by accident

No comments: